We know that hiring interior painters and inviting them into your home to paint is an act of trust. Every day, on every job, our interior house painters earn the trust of our customers by making sure the painting project is completed correctly, promptly and with minimal interruption for the customer.
Our interior house painters near Philadelphia will make sure to give your home or business the best interior painting services you could dream of. Not only do we offer superior house interior painting, we also offer commercial interior painting. Our interior painting company will help your business sparkle and give it an appearance your clients will love!
Before we begin painting, you’ll meet the crew leader and other painters who will be working in your home. All of Nolan Painting’s crew members are employees — not subcontractors — who have been trained through Nolan Painting’s formal apprenticeship program.Nolan Painting is an EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm. Every crew leader is an EPA Certified Renovator and all employees have received lead-safe training.Our interior painting contractors use the right tools and equipment for the job and high-quality Sherwin-Williams paint (or the customer’s preferred paint) in order to ensure consistently good results. Nolan interior painters double check painting and color choices, set up a dedicated site for tools and ask about any pets we need to watch out for. We review everything with you before we begin to make sure we understand exactly what you want. Objects and surfaces that will not be painted will be covered and protected.We prepare the surfaces carefully, knowing that prep work is the most important part of any paint job. Only then do we begin painting. The result of all this preparation: A pleasant experience and a beautiful paint job to enjoy for years to come.
Interior Paint Preparation
The following are Nolan’s general terms and conditions which are incorporated in each customer contract.
- Nolan Painting Inc. will cover and protect all furnishings and floors.
- Hardware will be removed and re-installed. This includes curtain rods, window latches, switch plates and cover plates. Door knobs, thermostats and alarm system hardware will not be removed.
- We will scrape, patch and sand walls.
- Before applying final coats, we will re-inspect and patch walls as necessary.
- Wall and ceiling cracks will be filled with spackling compound. When the compound is dry, we will sand it smooth. More advanced cracks will receive an application of fiberglass joint tape, and will be spackled and sanded smooth.
- We also will scrape and sand rough areas created by previous paint failure.
- Glossy surfaces and trim will be sanded and cleaned to assure proper paint adhesion.
- We will apply a stain sealer to water and tannin wood stains.
- We will caulk cracks in wood trim and along wall/trim interfaces.
- We will clean up and vacuum work areas at the end of each day. Debris will be taken away.
- When the job is completed, unused paint will be labeled and left at the job site.
- Wallpaper removal: Due to the concealed conditions of existing wall coverings, it may be impossible to estimate the labor of removal and preparation necessary to achieve a properly painted or wall papered surface. Under normal conditions wall covering can be removed properly without damage to the surface; however, sometimes the substrate has not been sealed properly or other hidden conditions may exist. Due to these factors, added labor and material cost may become necessary.
Our Dustless Sander
In 2014, we added a revolutionary tool to all of our 11 trucks. That is, the dustless sander, also known as the Festool Rotex RO 90 DX Multi-Mode Sander. Our painters are now highly skilled experts in paint preparation.Most professional painters prep a room before sanding begins by covering furniture and laying down drop cloths to catch debris and dust. The process can get messy, but with new innovative tools on the market, like the Festool, the prepping your home for paint just got a lot easier, and more efficient.Another important factor to note is the vacuum attachment. The festool is outfitted with an HEPA filter. While serving a community that lives in an older part of Philadelphia, Nolan Painting often works with homes established prior to 1978. Homes build prior to 1978 have a higher probability of having lead paint inside. With the Festool CT HEPA Dust Extractor, you won’t have to worry. The vacuum and filter hook directly up to the sanding tool and extract dust right at the source, significantly reducing dust to a bare minimum.The dust extractor features large wheels that make maneuvering easier over thresholds and a variety of flooring. The wheels are also designed to prevent damage to our client’s floors. What does this mean for you as a homeowner? The Festool Rotex RO 90 DX Multi-Mode Sander and dust extractor is designed to give you the freedom of virtually no clean up and significantly faster prep work. While we still take every precaution when preparing your home for paint, you can now rest easy knowing how your home will benefit from this innovative new tool.