Nolan Painting supports a variety of Tyler Arboretum programs throughout the year, including:
- Colors in Nature. Nolan invites visitors to explore the Tyler Arboretum and match paint colors to various plants and blooms. As part of this program, visitors also learn which colors of the season could go best in their home. Visitors are invited to engage in this color scavenger hunt using their smart phones or to work from printouts available in the Visitor Center (thanks to color charts provided by our friends at Sherwin Williams).
- Pancake Breakfast & Maple Sugaring Celebration. Held in February, this ever-popular annual celebration is about all things maple syrup, and, of course, pancakes! Visitors take a stroll through maple sugaring stations and discover how the tasty topping we all know and love gets turned from sap into syrup…plus they satisfy their appetites with an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast. Yum!
- Pumpkin Days. In October, visitors celebrate Fall with two days of family fun at this uniquely Tyler festival. They make scarecrows, take a hayride, and jump into inflatable fun from BOING! with a slide, obstacle course and moon bounce. The event includes crafts, games, face painting, family photo opps galore – and of course, PUMPKINS!
- Tyler 10K Trail Run. Since 1993, this premier Delaware County trail run, has taken off in the historic and beautiful Tyler Arboretum. The event features a beautiful race course, great food, great gifts… and 400 runners!
- Tyler at Twilight. This ticketed, outdoor fundraising gala is held each year under a gorgeous tent with great food, wonderful camaraderie, an open bar, and the chance to bid on a wide range of wonderful auction items. The event proceeds support environmental education and conservation at Tyler Arboretum.
WHO IT BENEFITS:
Tyler Arboretum is a nonprofit arboretum; open daily except for major holidays. It attracts 70,000 visitors a year to its 650-acre campus and boasts 17 miles of pathways and hiking trail.
Tyler Arboretum is located at 515 Painter Road, Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
This ongoing partnership is part of Nolan Painting’s Nolan in the Neighborhood community outreach program. The program is focused on improving the community, including supporting the environment.