Repainting Exterior Doors
We Love U Foundation and its We Love Our School Project
Nolan Painting donated $600 worth of paint to the We Love U Foundation’s “We Love Our School Project.” We Love U volunteers repainted the exterior doors of the George W. Sharswood School in South Philadelphia over the course of 2 days.
Repainting Elevates School’s Appearance
The school’s principal wanted to enhance and elevate the school’s appearance and create a better experience for students and faculty. When schools are run down with a poor appearance and outdated equipment, there are a variety of adverse outcomes for both the school community and the community at large. Research supports that elevating a school’s appearance may lead to the following:
- Students/teachers are more productive and happy
- Crime/negative behaviors among students decrease
- Attracting and retaining teachers/staff
- Boost academic performance in students
- Positive parent Perceptions of school
- Keeping students & faculty healthy
- Provides children with a sense of ownership
- Improved Property Values of Surrounding Areas
We are happy to contribute to making this improvement, and it is aligned with our Nolan in the Neighborhood’s education initiative.