Why Hire Full Time Employees and Not Subcontractors
Posted by Nolan Painting on January 9, 2023
Here are 5 key reasons why it’s better to choose a company with full-time employees:
- Each full-time employee is reference checked and a criminal background check is performed. Subcontractors may or may not be checked but their workers rarely if ever are. A subcontractor’s workforce may consist of undocumented workers, inexperienced workers or even criminals.
- Each full-time employee is paid weekly; taxes are withheld. Subcontractors only get paid when they finish. They often hurry through a job to get paid. Subcontractors are paid in cash or a straight check; taxes are not withheld. The subcontractor and their work force will be liable down the road.
- Each of Nolan Painting’s full-time employees receive benefits, including Health Insurance, 401k retirement contributions and Paid Time Off. Subcontractors get no benefits, nothing, they don’t even have to have workers compensation, which is insurance that provides cash benefits and/or medical care for workers who are injured or become ill as a direct result of their job.
- Each Nolan Painting full-time employee gets continual education and training to better their skill set in painting, customer service and safety. Subcontractors do things their own way.
- Full-time employees want to stay and make sure the customer is happy. Nolan employees in particular are invested in their work and are pleased to see a job well done. They are also invested in making sure the customer is 100% satisfied. Subcontractors want to leave as fast as they can so they can get paid.
Ready to hire a full-time employee of Nolan Painting?
Categories: House Painting Ideas & Techniques