Spotting Painting Scams
When you’re thinking of repainting the inside or outside of your home, the last thing you need to worry about is whether the company you’ve chosen is legitimate. Falling into a painting contractor mislead could cost you huge sums of money and leave your home in a worse state.
At Nolan Painting, not only do we guarantee 100 percent customer satisfaction, but we also want to offer you sound advice on avoiding these scams so that even if you choose another company, you keep yourself and your home safe.
Common Contractor Scams to Avoid
Instead of falling into traps, keep an eye out for some of the following signs that something might be wrong:
- Up-front payment requirements: When a company asks for large sums of cash up front, you should stop your involvement right away. They could easily take your money and never show up again. When you decide to partner with Nolan Painting for any painting needs, we’ll do the job right before we expect your payment.
- Lack of details in the contract: If a business refuses to create a contract with you, it can easily turn into a disaster. Another situation that scam victims often encounter is a company that makes a contract but won’t include all the details or make promises. This is a sneakier way for scam artists to charge hidden fees and refuse to complete all agreed-upon tasks. At Nolan Painting, we offer clear contracts for every job.
- Refusal to show a license: The professionals you use should always have updated licenses. If a contractor even seems hesitant to show their license, refuse their services. We never use subcontractors at our company and our experts are background-checked, licensed, certified and regularly trained in safety, customer service, surface preparation, painting and more. You can expect them to show up on time, respect your property and do the job right every time.
- Uninsured work: Any contract workers should always be fully insured and willing to show you proof, just like we are.
- Low-quality products: If you don’t recognize the brands they’re using or you think any of their products look subpar, don’t let them lay a finger on your home. At Nolan Painting, we have 11 outfitted trucks equipped with Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore paints, Festool dustless sanders and other leading products.
- Little experience: While this isn’t always a deal breaker, be wary of young companies. You don’t want to be the test run for a new service, so make sure you trust a professional before you let them into your home. You’ll never have to stress with Nolan Painting — we’re a family-owned business that has been serving the area for more than 37 years.
Don’t fall for a painting contractor scam. Choose a company you can trust — Nolan Painting. We get our jobs done right and on time. And if the customer is not happy we will always make it right.Request your free estimate now.