You know what they say: when one door closes, a new (freshly painted) door opens! Okay, that may not be exactly how it goes, but when it comes to repainting a front door, our color consultants do know exactly what they’re talking about. In fact, repainting your home’s front door is an easy and quick way to revamp the front of your home. Plus, a bold front door color can make your home stand out from the rest. But like most painting projects, knowing which paint color, paint type and paint brand will get you the most bang for your buck can be tricky. Luckily, the exterior painting and color consultants at Nolan Painting are about to open a door of possibilities for you with their bold front door colors and their tips for front door painting projects!
Mellow Colors Will Soften Your Home’s Exterior
If you’re looking to brighten up your home’s dark vinyl siding, brick or stained wood — but don’t want to repaint the whole exterior — or you want to compliment your home’s light fiber cement siding, white brick or stucco, painting your front door in a mellow color can do either in no time. Our color consultants love the following light but bold front door colors:
- Light Yellow by Benjamin Moore: A mellow yellow that will instantly brighten up any home’s exterior.
- Clary Sage by Sherman Williams: This light green is the perfect partner for light siding while also having the power to soften dark siding.
- Windy Sky by Benjamin Moore: Light blue can easily go childish and tacky, but this light, gray-blue is mature, mellow and magnificent.
- Gris by Sherman Williams: If doing a yellow, green or blue front door is too funky for you, this neutral will give you the lighter look you want AND match your taste preference.
Bright Colors Make a Statement — In a Good Way
Your front door is the first thing people walk up to when they arrive at your home, and when you opt for a bright and bold front door color, it can be the first thing they notice from the street! For a front door painting project, our color consultants recommend these bright colors:
- Rave Red by Sherwin Williams: If your home has a black/gray roof, tan siding or black shutters, this red will look great.
- Trinket by Sherwin Williams: For homes that are predominantly gray, stone or blue, this orange is the perfect match.
- Open Seas by Sherwin Williams: A neutral home with mostly white and tan will be instantly elevated by this slightly mellow, slightly bright blue.
- Blue Nova by Benjamin Moore: This blue is a bold front door color that can work with a wide variety of exterior aesthetics.
- Sunshine by Benjamin Moore: If you’re looking for curb appeal ideas that will boost YOUR home’s curb appeal, then this yellow is for you! Not only will it catch people’s eyes, but it will also be inviting to anyone visiting your home.
- Aquaverde by Sherwin Williams: Trying to achieve a beachy aesthetic? This is the front door paint color for you!
No matter what color you choose for your front door painting project, it’s crucial that you choose a paint color that is high-quality and exterior friendly. The brands we named above are the best ones to ensure your front door paint won’t chip, bubble or get ruined by different types of weather. Our Product Materials Manager highly recommends Benjamin Moore’s Aura Grand Entrance products. Whatever color you choose in this product line, they will be sure to bring rich, vivid color and exceptional durability to your interior/exterior doors and trim.
Still nervous to make the leap? Opt for a different door painting project, such as painting your side entry door or the entry to your home from your garage! Many people use these doors as their everyday main entries, and it is an excellent way to experiment with a bold front door paint color without it becoming such an overt statement on the facade of your home.
Whether you’re looking for more curb appeal ideas, want more tips on how to repaint your home’s front door or need help with other exterior painting projects, our color consulting services are always here to help! Contact us today to schedule your FREE estimate!