Are you looking to freshen up your home’s interior without breaking the bank? Does your new furniture not match well with your wall color? Maybe you are trying to cover up years of scuffs and dings of a well-lived space? Whatever the case may be, repainting the walls in your home is a dramatic and easy way to refresh any room. But how often should you repaint your walls? The amount of time between repainting differs for each room. Some rooms benefit from a fresh coat of paint more often than others, depending on several variables, like who uses the room and if kids are present. If you are wondering if it is time to repaint your walls, the professionals at Nolan Painting are here to help. Below we highlight some frequency rules you should follow to keep your home looking fresh.
Repainting Walls in Your Home
Repainting your walls is one of the most cost-effective ways to revamp and freshen up your home. With just a few cans of paint and some professional interior house painting help, you can completely revitalize your home. But a question we get asked a lot is, “How often should you repaint your walls?”. Generally, your interior walls, ceilings, and trim should be repainted every 3-5 years for general upkeep and to ensure your home always looks great. Depending on your family, lifestyle, and daily home activities, you may have to repaint your walls more often. As we mentioned above, certain rooms will need repainting more often than others. We are here to provide you with a basic guideline of how often you should repaint each room in your home.
- Living Room – Your living room is one of the most frequently used areas in your home. It is where you enjoy family time around the TV, a place to go and relax, and one of the rooms where you host company. For those reasons, it is best to pick high-quality paint. High-quality paint is durable and can withstand frequent use and constant cleanings. Typically, you will want to repaint this room every 5-7 years. The living room is also a great place to explore fun and different paint colors. Yellow, charcoal and navy are some fun, trendy colors to consider. We also suggest high quality washable flat or matte finish.
- Dining Room – Similar to the living room, your dining room should be repainted every 5-7 years. For more formal dining rooms that do not get used as often, the paint will last longer here than in other rooms. Bold colors, like dark green, navy or red, will add a nice pop of color to your family dinners. Flat and Matte finishes are best for this room.
- Kitchen – Kitchens are prone to spills, splashes, and splatters. Because of this, it should be repainted more often than your dining and living room. When repainting your kitchen, you will want to select high-quality, durable paint in a washable matte or eggshell finish for all of life’s messes. A kitchen will need a fresh coat of paint every 3-4 years. This is another area in your home where you can play with bold or loud colors. Sunny shades, like bright yellows and whites, or soft pastel hues, like blues or greens, look great in the heart of your home.
- Bathroom – Constantly exposed to moisture, your bathroom needs durable paint that holds up to water. Popular finishes include Semi-Gloss or Satin. Like your kitchen, a bathroom requires regular repainting and should be completed every 3-4 years. Trendy paint colors for your spa-like oasis include taupes, soft grays, whites or light blues.
- Bedrooms – For a child’s bedroom, you will find that the paint does not last as long as it does in an adult bedroom. For a kid’s room, washable matte finishes work best, and a repaint usually needs to happen every 2-3 years. An adult bedroom can go much longer, roughly every 5-6 years. Repainting a bedroom is a fantastic opportunity to update a room based on changing personalities. A few of our favorite bedroom colors include pale pink, cream, teal, and sage green.
- Hallways – As one of the most frequented areas in your home, your hallways will need repainting often. Hallways are prone to dents, scuffs, marks, and other wear and tear. We recommend repainting this space every 2-3 years to keep your home looking fresh.
Why Choose Nolan Painting for Interior Wall Painting?
If you need help repainting walls in your home, the professionals of Nolan Painting are here for you. We have decades of experience and expertise in painting customers’ homes throughout the Greater Philadelphia area, including Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Bucks Counties. Whether you need assistance with painting walls, ceilings, trim, cabinets, large rooms, or two-story areas, our team works green, clean, efficient, and graciously. If you are ready to get started on an interior painting project, schedule a free estimate today by calling (610) 572-2806.