Exterior Paint Preparation
The following are Nolan’s general terms and conditions which are incorporated in each customers exterior painting contract.
- Nolan Painting Inc. will protect all necessary areas with drop cloths.
- Surfaces will be scraped of peeling paint and sanded. Glossy surfaces will be sanded to assure proper adhesion.
- Deteriorated glazing compound around windows will be replaced, and window sashes will be razored clean and washed (if applicable).
- All cracks in wood will be filled with latex caulk to lock out moisture. If wood repairs are needed, customer will be notified. Customer may contract with Nolan Painting Inc. to do carpentry repairs.
- Areas of bare wood will be primed.
- When the job is completed, paint residue and debris will be cleaned up and taken away. Unused paint will be labeled and left at job site.
- Due to conditions that may not be observable at the time of evaluation, additional repairs/costs may become necessary. Customer will be notified at time of discovery if any such conditions later become apparent and will be required to sign an Additional Work Order for said repairs.
Our Dustless Sander
In 2014, we added a tool to each of our 11 trucks that changed paint preparation and cleanup forever. That tool is the dustless sander, technically known as the Festool Rotex RO 90 DX Multi-Mode Sander. In addition to being expert painters, now we are also all experts at painless paint preparation.
The old process of prepping a room before sanding was to lay down drop cloths on the ground and cover all furniture, because sanding kicked up enormous amounts of dust and debris. It was a painful necessity, but with an innovative tool like the Festool on the market, the process has been dramatically simplified and made considerably more efficient.
One of the risks of sanding the old way was releasing dust containing lead into the air. Because we serve older areas of Philadelphia and the rest of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Nolan Painting often works inside homes built before 1978. This means there is a higher risk of lead paint being involved, but you don’t have to worry with the Festool CT HEPA Dust Extractor. The vacuum and filter are connected directly to the sanding tool, and capture dust as it is released, greatly reducing the chance of particulates filtering through the air.
The last amazing feature of the Festool is the wheels, which are large enough to be easily maneuvered over thresholds, but also designed to be gentle on your floors. All of this adds up to great things for the homeowner. The Festool Rotex RO 90 DX Multi-Mode Sander and dust extractor assures that you can enjoy faster, cleaner prep work and virtually no cleanup at the end. However, our service doesn’t rely 100% on tools. We never cut corners when preparing your home for paint, but we’re happy to say that our new tool makes the Nolan Paint experience even more pleasant for all our valued clients.
Contact Us Today
Service Areas: We provide services to the following areas, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Bucks County, Philadelphia, and the Main Line.