Exterior Paint Preparation
The following are Nolan’s general terms and conditions which are incorporated in each customers exterior painting contract.
- Nolan Painting Inc. will protect all necessary areas with drop cloths.
- Surfaces will be scraped of peeling paint and sanded. Glossy surfaces will be sanded to assure proper adhesion.
- Deteriorated glazing compound around windows will be replaced, and window sashes will be razored clean and washed (if applicable).
- All cracks in wood will be filled with latex caulk to lock out moisture. If wood repairs are needed, customer will be notified. Customer may contract with Nolan Painting Inc. to do carpentry repairs.
- Areas of bare wood will be primed.
- When the job is completed, paint residue and debris will be cleaned up and taken away. Unused paint will be labeled and left at job site.
- Due to conditions that may not be observable at the time of evaluation, additional repairs/costs may become necessary. Customer will be notified at time of discovery if any such conditions later become apparent and will be required to sign an Additional Work Order for said repairs.
Our Dustless Sander
In 2014, we added a tool to each of our 11 trucks that changed paint preparation and cleanup forever. That tool is the dustless sander, technically known as the Festool Rotex RO 90 DX Multi-Mode Sander. In addition to being expert painters, now we are also all experts at painless paint preparation.
The old process of prepping a room before sanding was to lay down drop cloths on the ground and cover all furniture, because sanding kicked up enormous amounts of dust and debris. It was a painful necessity, but with an innovative tool like the Festool on the market, the process has been dramatically simplified and made considerably more efficient.
One of the risks of sanding the old way was releasing dust containing lead into the air. Because we serve older areas of Philadelphia and the rest of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Nolan Painting often works inside homes built before 1978. This means there is a higher risk of lead paint being involved, but you don’t have to worry with the Festool CT HEPA Dust Extractor. The vacuum and filter are connected directly to the sanding tool, and capture dust as it is released, greatly reducing the chance of particulates filtering through the air.
The last amazing feature of the Festool is the wheels, which are large enough to be easily maneuvered over thresholds, but also designed to be gentle on your floors. All of this adds up to great things for the homeowner. The Festool Rotex RO 90 DX Multi-Mode Sander and dust extractor assures that you can enjoy faster, cleaner prep work and virtually no cleanup at the end. However, our service doesn’t rely 100% on tools. We never cut corners when preparing your home for paint, but we’re happy to say that our new tool makes the Nolan Paint experience even more pleasant for all our valued clients.
Why Choose Nolan Painting?
When you’re looking for the perfect professionals to complete your exterior house painting, we know it can be a stressful situation. Your home or business are probably the most important property you own, which makes improvement an important investment. That’s why we strive to offer a stress-free, enjoyable experience.
We believe you’ll find that our exterior painter rates are well worth the value when you take advantage of all the benefits we provide. Just a few are:
- Free estimates: We’ll never charge you for an estimate and you won’t have to worry about hidden fees. We’ll be up front and include details in our estimate so you know what to expect and whether you can fit our cost for painting the exterior of a home into your unique budget.
- Free color advice: If you hire us, we’ll work with you to come up with the perfect color and design for the exterior and interior of your home. We want you to be fully satisfied with the final product.
- Speed: We get the job done quickly without sacrificing quality. Once we come up with a schedule, we stick to it and strive to meet or exceed the timelines we give. You can expect our services to be done on time no matter how large the project is.
- Community outreach: At the end of the day, we’re a family-owned and local company with roots in the community. We want to give back what we’ve gotten from serving this area, so we’re on a mission to raise $1 million over the course of 10 years. When you choose Nolan Painting to finish your home exterior painting, you’ll know your money is going to a good cause on top of every other benefit you’ll get to enjoy.
Contact Us Today
Service Areas: We provide services to the following areas, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Bucks County, Philadelphia, and the Main Line.